Thursday, January 2, 2014

Save me from all my Google Extensions!


I am always on the look out for new extensions.  Extensions in Google Chrome are awesome!  They make your browser do extra tasks and depending on the extension, can make you more productive.  I have found some great extensions over the last year and some I have found I cannot live without.  However, I have also discovered that some extensions are ones I love but only use when doing certain tasks.  For example, I don't really need a URL shortener most days, but when I am creating content for a teacher or a new PD class, I really rely on that extension.  I am beginning to find that my extensions are piling up and I am starting to weed them out.  Even good ones are being disabled for that "prime real estate that is to the right of my Omnibar!  Today I came across the One-Click Extensions Manager - also called Extensity.  This tool adds a small icon to the extensions list next to the Omnibar, but when you click it a drop down menu appears (see below) that allows you to enable or disable the extensions you need at any given time.  So, I disabled the extensions I don't use often, but with a few clicks I can return them.  You can do this in the settings of the browser, but it takes more clicks without this extension enabled.  If you give this one a try, let me know how it works for you. 
The Drop Down Menu that appears when using Extensity.
Bold extensions are in use, while others have been disabled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment