I apologize in advance for the length of this update; however much has happened in the past few months and will happen over the summer that I'd like to update the staff about.
Basic Summer notes:
- If you currently have a laptop assigned for your use AND you'd like to check that out for the summer, the office Administrative Assistant in your building has a form that you need to fill out and sign before leaving for the summer.
- Google Apps for Education classes are set for the summer; the June 18th and June 26th sessions will be held at Lake Denoon Middle School and all other sessions will be at the ESC. All sessions are scheduled from 8am-3:30pm.
- Tess Corners, Mill Valley, and Muskego Elementary will be receiving new Chromebooks for their student use and Dell laptops for teacher use. High School and Bay Lane teachers who do not currently have laptops will receive Dell laptops in the fall.
- All 5th and 9th grade students will be assigned Chromebooks for their use. If you are interested in learning more about this, please see the 1:1 Chromebook pages on the district website.
- The current 5th grade laptop carts will be re-assigned to other areas within the middle school.
- All Project i students will be assigned Chromebooks as well. The current laptops used by Project i will be transferred to Country Meadows and Lakeview.
As most of you know, I will be leaving the district at the end of this month to become the Director of Technology for the Kettle Moraine School District. I'd like to thank everyone for the past 7.5 years. Working here with all of you has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my professional career and I will miss the people that I have worked with tremendously.
I'd like to think that a strong foundation has been built for further advances in technology use by all staff and students that will continue into the future. I believe the team that we have here in the district is extremely talented and will make Muskego-Norway a shining example of how technology can help every student to learn, grow and succeed.
Until we meet again,
Don't be dismayed at goodbyes, a farewell is necessary before you can meet again and meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. - Richard Bach