Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week

In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week I thought I would share a blog post that is about you, the individual rather than you as the teacher.  I am not delusional.  I do know that part you "you" is the teacher so I know as you read this you will apply it to yourself as a teacher as well.
I read many blogs, articles and resources.  One that I have never seen before appeared on a reader list and the title caught my eye, 5 Core Skills Your Life Depends On.  Truthfully I thought, "Yikes, I better read that one!"  So, off I went to the link of this new blog.  The first thing that caught my eye was this fantastic quote:


I may not have gone where I intended to go,

 but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams


So, I read on.  The blog speaks to building on your purpose, to taking care of yourself and bringing meaning to what you do.  The author writes:

"It’s just a matter of accepting opportunities, implementing ideas, 
taking action, and actively expressing the purpose that is uniquely YOU."

I'll let you investigate the blog here, but I am sure you are dying to know what the 5 core skills are right? They are listed below with a quote from each description, but do read the blog itself and enjoy the encouragement and good advice that is shared by these bloggers, Marc and Angel Chernoff.

  1. Curiosity - "Look forward, open new doors and experience new things.  Do so because you're curious and because you know that today's journey is always just beginning."
  2. Creativity - "When it comes to human growth, if curiosity is the engine, creativity is the steering wheel."
  3. Resilience  - "As you progress, life will inevitably challenge you on a regular basis.  NO matter how much falls on you, keep your head up and plow ahead.  That's the only way to keep the road to your dreams clear."
  4. Patience - "Ultimately the two hardest tests on the road to personal growth are the patience to wait for what you want and the courage not to be disappointed when it doesn't arrive as soon as you had expected."
  5. Self-reliance - "Be the hero of your life not the victim." "Accept life's invitation."
Have a fantastic week!
RY


No comments:

Post a Comment